Translate

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hot Cuppa Cinnamon......

I suppose I've come to all this business of latte's and smoothies and all that rather late. You're all up on it already, I guess. But I thought I'd share my favorite warm, refreshing drink of the moment.


I start with my favorite mug about 1/3 full of 1% milk. You could use any milk, even....ahem.....heavy cream; but this is what I had on hand today.


Add 1/2 t. cinnamon, 3 t. sugar or Splenda, 1/4 t. vanilla and heat in the microwave for about 50 seconds until it is hot, but not boiling.


Meanwhile, make your favorite tea with about 2/3 of the amount of water you need to fill your hot sipper. I'm using a chai de-caf tea bag and I steeped it about three minutes.


When the milk is hot, froth it with a frother or a hand-held blender. My little frother runs on two AA batteries and does a great job. The milk should fluff up to about 1/3 more than when you started out.


Keep frothing until it's how you want it.


Remove the tea bag and pour the frothed milk into sipper.


Stir well.


Isn't that lovely? Just lean back, sip, and enjoy.

You can make this without any tea; with just hot milk, if you like.....and try other flavorings like almond or maple. It's wonderfully refreshing and comforting on a cool evening when the day is done.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy tea. I'm not a coffee drinker at all. I've drank tea with milk in it for years since that's how they drank it in England and I lived there for 2 years. I'm accustomed to drinking it that way. Never thought of putting cinnamon in it. May try it sometime! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely - I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this looks delicious! Just found your comment on my blog (still getting used to the new setup and notifications/lack of notifications after moving) and thought I"d come say hi! -Erin the Creative Broad

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Prairie Cottage Corner. Please come in and stay a while. We are here to help you with your love of quilting, quilt design and embroidery. We especially like Sunbonnet Sue and her friends.

You can see a complete list of our Sunbonnet Sue designs at
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieCottageCorner

Happy Stitching! Prairie Stitcher